Collect and add this PicBadge to your Facebook / Twitter profile picture
The institution became operational in 1972 with 70 pupils(35 boys and 35 girls). In 1974, the first batch of form III classes was admitted. It was then known as Junior Technical School- a vision of Sir Kher Jagatsing, the then Minister of Education.
In 1978, it was converted to a Junior Secondary School with up to Form V classes.
On 03 May 1985 the school was renamed Sir Leckraz Teelock State Secondary School aster the Late Sir Leckraz Teelock C.B.E(04 March 1909-04 May 1982), MLA in 1959(Flacq/Bon Acceuil) and High Commissioner in London 1964-1982 - Inaugurated by Sir Aneerood Jugnauth.
The school was nominated National College in 2008 following the very good performances of its students at SC and HSC level. Sir Leckraz Teelock SSS is counted among the very best Secondary Schools of Mauritius and has proved in many ways that this college deserves to be where it is, perhaps more!
Long Live SLT. Long Live Leckrazians.